In my research for commercial kitchen rentals in the bay area. Here are 7 of them. If you know of one that is not listed please let me know.
The challenge of course for Food Entrepreneurs to Startup, is the main ingredient, that is a kitchen that is certified and open for new people to rent their space.
1. Daly Kitchen is on the South Side of San Francisco, CA. Hourly rates are $15.00/hr with a minimum of 10 hours per month. They have 2 kitchens and 18 clients.
Contact: Dillion T: 650 757-3259.
2. Pleasanton Commercial Kitchen Space is $40./hour however it is just one kitchen space not a shared kitchen space. 1 client at a time. 7063 Commerce Circle Suite H, CA T: 510-435-7906
3. Bakers -Bay Area Kitchen Rentals is $30./ hour 49103 Milmount Drive, Fremont, CA a minimum of 10 hour/month. There is a sliding scale, when you buy more hours in a month. Services Food Trucks. About 30 clients Contact: Kathy T: 510-329-0277
4. Peninsula Community Kitchen for bakers only $30./hour for 10 hours minimum. Located in Redwood City. A minimum of 6 month lease. Contact: Barbara T: 650-823-8582
5. Certified GF & Organic $30. – 40./hour Various rates and packages for the Gluten Free Kitchen or Organic kitchen. ocated in Berkley, CA T: 855-685-2665
6. Artisan Cooking Cooperative 510-235-2727 www.apcollaborative.org $25./hour 865 Marina Bay Parkway, 33 Richmond, CA Liane Ingham T: 510.235.2323
7. Kitchener in Oakland, a shared kitchen 36 clients, $18 – 25/hour 372 24th St, Oakland, CA 94612 Sophia (510) 835-5885
There are many directories, this is a real condensed list.